Tuesday, September 25, 2012

the Love of Dreamgirls is in Giving

Not often do i let things get to me but this touched my heart-i have met many online and have found that even online we are real people just trying to escape our sometimes sad ordinary life and that it helps to lend an ear not to judge folks but to listen and offer advice if you can and to give if you can.
The Dreamgirls -I call them now the DreamAngels is a small group of ladies from all over the usa and even the world who really care and try to help when needed
the leader of the pack i will call Dina. She is sneakier than an Arizona rattlesnake to accomplish her goals

I blogged for months about my trials and tribulations of fighting cancer, hoping that maybe i could talk at least one person ill or even not ill who would not simply give up on life-after all how could a damned old vietnam vet -skinny as a rail not quit and you can? Dina tricked me-she said  Rich i have read your blog and you have inspired so many that we as dreamgirls would like your address to give out so many can send you cards to cheer you up and on. i replied sure Dina how can i refuse such a lovely woman---after she got my address she said oh rich i kinda lied a little -we dreamgirls are sending you some Ensure so you can get stronger to fight the cancer battle-ok Dina you have made me cry and even more of the dreamgirls have helped you do so-

I know many people think the internet is a fake place but i never have-today the first case of ensure arrived ---all i know is it was bought from a direct care store so if you recognize that then you will know you were the first-
i wish i could just squeeze the stuffing out of all of you
i tried pigging out and quickly drank 3 of the ensure-then tried to lay down and rest-wrongggg
it gave me energy to walk down to check my mail and i have not rested all day yet-3 filled me this time- my body is kinda in shock still

my buddy mike came by to check on me -he is a nam vet -lost over 150 guys in one day right beside him during a bad  firefight
compared to mike i am so lucky-his mental wounds inside his head are devastating-i am one of the rare ones he can talk to-as combat vets we never judge each other and he likes that-he said-see rich there are amazing people in life who do care and that is what keeps me going

DreamAngels I love you all-and also all those i have met online 

3 comments:

  1. btw my email is Guncarver@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really such a small gesture.... in the grand scheme of things. You've been a great friend to a LOT of people over the years and you DESERVE it!
    love ya
    Gala

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww thx dear
    and thanks to the special lady who sent me the 2 cans of Ensure powder-love ya all

    ReplyDelete